Announcing EMSA Publishing’s very first ever Fabulous First Lines Competition!
The first line of a novel is incredibly important in that it sets the tone of a novel, establishes point of view, and hooks the reader. Here’s your chance to see how your novel’s first line stacks up.
- The Fabulous First Lines Competition will be open to thirty (30) self-published and indie-published authors.
- The competition will run throughout the month of August 2015 as follows:
- August 2 – 8 => voting will take place for the first group of 10 authors
- August 9 – 15 => voting will take place for the second group of 10 authors
- August 16 – 22 => voting will take place for the third group of 10 authors
- August 21 – 29 => voting will take place for the top three winners from each week, with a winner being declared on 30 August 2015
- The prizes:
- bragging rights
- a badge you can proudly display on your website
- your book featured on EMSA Publishing’s homepage slider for the month of September 2015
- posts to social media (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, and Storify) directing readers to a blog post featuring your novel’s cover, book blurb, and author bio
- EMSA Publishing’s Fabulous First Lines Competition is $3.00 USD payable via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a note listing your name, book title and email address with your payment. When your payment notification is received, I will send a confirmation email requesting your book cover, first line, buy links and synopsis along with an invoice.
- With your entry in the Fabulous First Lines Competition you get:
- your book featured on EMSA Publishing’s homepage slider for one day of your voting week
- your book added to EMSA Publishing’s bookstore for the month of competition
- posts to social media (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, and Storify) throughout your voting week
- a banner to add to your homepage to direct voters to the competition voting page
- Entries for August’s Fabulous First Lines Competition will close at midnight on 30 July 2015 (or when thirty entries have been confirmed). If you miss the first competition don’t worry, as the next one is just around the corner!